[OT]Re: Books...

Manfred Nowak svv1999 at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 23:21:57 PDT 2008

John Reimer wrote:

> I'm especially surprised people do this in the very forum in which
> the authors participate.  Kind of a slap in their face, really.

Some years ago my statement of intent to bind executables to specific
hardware was arraigned here.

I wonder how you would call that arraigning, when considering your
statement above. For this please observe, that printing a book is also
binding some intellectual property to some specific hardware.

Please observe further, that the owners of the website holding the
torrent promise to remove torrents for copyrighted files from their
website on request of the copyright holder. I believe that no one is
allowed to criticize a decision of copyright holders to take no action
on beeing informed of a possible copyright breach. Especially is an
information on a possible copyright breach no slap in the face of
holder of the copyright.

-manfred