Books...

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat May 10 06:34:52 PDT 2008

On Sat, 10 May 2008 01:35:02 -0400, bob wrote:

> John Reimer Wrote:

>> > < torrent link removed >
>>

>> Except that the tango book is not free; and thus, it seems quite
>> baffling that you would post this torrent.
>>
>> It's a shame that people do this without permission. I'm especially
>> surprised people do this in the very forum in which the authors
>> participate. Kind of a slap in their face, really.
>>
>> -JJR
>>
> Free is a state of mind with some people not a real principal You take
> free code and  advice but when it does not suit  then you say ""it
> should not be free""?
>
> Point is ,it is available free and it would be LYING to say it isn't
> ,or, to avoid saying it is. Either is a lie

Have you considered that it might be lying to pretend that avoiding a lie
is your motivation for posting the link? People may find it for
themselves without your help, so you are doing no good service.  By NOT
posting this, you neatly avoid the risk of hurting or disrepecting the
authors who invested their personal time and money into this work.

Please leave the choice of being benevolent in the hands of the authors.
It is attitudes like yours that may actually destroy motivation for
contributing to Tango and other works. Or do you not know that the
profits of this book help support the hundreds of hours that go into
Tango developement and maintenance?

-JJR