[OT]Re: Books...

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat May 10 12:33:32 PDT 2008

Yigal Chripun wrote:
> I do see the problem in the above idealized argument, but the problem is
> that the current situation was created by the very organizations who
> represent content creators like the RIAA and MPAA. They have cultivated
> this culture of disrespect towards the content creators via their
> disrespect towards the users of the content and via their DRM schemes.
> trust and respect goes both ways. This is why in free-software
> communities copy-rights are always respected (via mutual respect and
> trust instead of fear and DRM).

I'm rather proud that my compilers are not, have never, and never will
be copy protected, DRM'd, require activation, phone home, nag for
registration, etc.

I've been amply rewarded by discovering that my customers are nearly
without exception decent, honorable, and nice people. I don't know if
that is cause or effect, but it's fine with me either way.

They're still copyrighted, though <g>.