Resource files

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sat May 10 14:03:51 PDT 2008

torhu wrote:
> BCS wrote:
>> Reply to torhu,
>>
>>> I'm looking for info how to create resource files for use with dmd.
>>> Do they use the same format as Microsoft's files?  Any good doc links?
>>>

>> http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/rcc.html
>
> I know about rcc.exe, that page doesn't help me at all.

What is it you want then?  The only connection between dmd and Windows
resource files is that you can compile one with rcc and link it into
your exe with dmd.

RCC is stuck a few steps behind current Windows standards.  Namely, it
does not support large, PNG-compressed Vista icons.  I filed a bug for
it a while back. Maybe that's the kind of info you were looking for?

--bb