[OT]Re: Books...

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat May 10 14:14:03 PDT 2008

darrylb wrote:
> What would really be more interesting, at least as far as I see it,
> is some mention of how you would know if you had been stolen from.
> Otherwise, saying anything like that is as hollow as saying, oh,
> 'Each copy that was purchased was not stolen'. Well, duh. But without
> something like that, all you are really saying here is, is that you
> have no idea how much of your stuff is stolen from you. Fair enough
> if that works for you, but I wouldn't try to claim that every user of
> your stuff is honest, just based on the fact that all of your paying
> users paid you. :P

I've never encountered indications of widespread illegal copying of it.

>> They're still copyrighted, though <g>.
> So, you aren't concerned about people stealing from you on one level,
> but you are on another? :)

If you treat people with respect and honor, they'll respond in kind.

I've bought products where the maker treats me like a criminal. It
always leaves me with a sour taste and a poor impression of that
company. I don't believe that bodes well for the long term success of it.