Tango / Phobos / future dilemma

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Mon May 26 17:30:30 PDT 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 00:25:18 +0100, Spacen Jasset wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently I am using phobos for my work, which suit at the moment since
> I am mainly using opengl.
>
> Unfortunately I would like use a library that requires Tango, and there
> is yet another library that I would like to use that is coded for
> phobos. Since they both incorporate a core runtime I presume that this
> situation is impossible without akward workarounds?
>

> Secondly, I have an uneasy feeling about the situation whereby there are
> two libraries that function independently of each other. What lies ahead
> for this state of affairs; and indeed, what is Walter's and the Tango
> team's position on it?

Well, actually there is tangobos which is a compatibility lay on top of
Tango.
www.dsource.org/projects/tangobos/

As for the future, I see a problem using Tango as currently it seems that
the Tango team is not interested in working with D2. But I'm sure when it
is finally released there will be more push to do so. Otherwise there
isn't much from Walter as to what to do about it. I hope to see a good
conclusion where there is only one library.