Tango / Phobos / future dilemma

Sascha Katzner sorry.no at spam.invalid
Tue May 27 00:02:30 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> Sad, since this is _really_ an issue that needs to be addressed.  No, I take
> that back: this should have been addressed _ages ago_.

I agree, the current situation is VERY bad for D as a language.

I see only one solution at the moment that would (IMO) be fair for everyone:

*****

1) Tango has to loose the claim to be a replacement for Phobos, instead
it *has* to be an enhancement on top of Phobos (and *perhaps* merge with
Phobos later, but this is a different discussion).

2) At the same time Walter should open Phobos to everyone (that includes
the Tango team).

*****

... ideally this should be put in action with the first stable release
of D2. I think we will never get a better chance to correct this error
of the past as plain and simple like that.

LLAP,
Sascha