Descent project file organization

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 17:53:39 PST 2008

I think I figured out the answer to my last question about installing Descent.
It seems I can just copy the plugins and features directories from the
Descent .zip over top the ones in in the Eclipse folder.

The next question is about file organization.

I'm thinking it might be nice to Descent as an alternate way to edit
and look at my D source code.
But I don't want descent to "own" the files.
So basically I would just like to tell Descent which files are part of
the project, but leave the files where they are.
The first thing I tried for adding a file to a project made a separate
copy of the file in my Workspace directory.  Not what I want.
The second thing I tried was the "Link source" option under the Build
Path menu.  But that added *everything* in the directory into the
project, not just the relevant D stuff.  Plus the same dir contains 3
different files with a 'main'.

Is there some way to just add a soft reference to specific files to a project?

With Visual Studio I just say "add existing file" and it puts a link
to that source file into the project.  It doesn't move or copy
anything, it just makes a link to that one specific file.  That's the
kind of behavior I'm after.

--bb