Descent project file organization

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Fri Nov 21 05:31:48 PST 2008

Bill Baxter escribió:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Ary Borenszweig <ary at esperanto.org.ar> wrote:
>> If you don't want to move your files and keep them where they are, create a
>> new D project and in the first page of the wizard select "from existing
>> source" and type or select the folder where your files are. That will two
>> files in that directory: .project and .classpath. But that's it. I hope
>> those don't bother you. :-)
>>
>> The "Link source" option efectively links everything under the selected
>> folder, you can't just link a particular file, sorry.
>>

> Ok.  Yeh that seems to be the same as what I got from using the Build
> Path --> Link Source option after the fact.
>
> It does at least collect all the .d files in one place at least.  But
> it's annoying that it puts all the junk files (the .exe, .map files
> etc) at the top level.  At least if the linked files were in a
> sub-folder of their own in the IDE I could collaspe that and not have
> to look at them.
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> --bb

In the Project Explorer view there's a little white arrow at the
top-right corner. Click it and select "Filters...". There, check "Dll
files", "Map files" and "Obj files". In that way (probably) only the exe
files will stay visibles, and I think that's the important stuff: d
files for editing, exe files for launching.

If there are other file extensions which are very common and you
wouldn't like to see them, let me know so I add filters for them. (I
think you can't write customizable filters in Eclipse...)