dsss manual

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 11:09:06 PST 2008

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 04:40:04 -0500, Morusaka wrote:

> Bill Baxter Wrote:
>
>> It's sort of split up, but this is the most useful doc in my opinion.
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/wiki/DSSSForSoftwareEngineers
>>
>> --bb
>>

> Thank you Bill for your fastestthanlight reply!! I think I've some sort
> of installation issue, but that document doesn't cover dsss
> installation. I've added dsss/bin to my PATH, but when I try to build
> something I get:
>
> $ dsss build
> Failed to determine DSSS' installed prefix. $
>
> Could you help me please?
>
> Thanks you,
>
> Luca.

You need to give dsss a place to install your program.

$ dsss --prefix=<prefix> build

I would suggest installing dsss to the system, do this from within the
where you have dsss. Then you won't have to include prefix every time
(though doing the above may only need to be done once)

# ./dsss --prefix=/usr/local install

Also when you do builds without root privilege you will get a message:

Can't write to /usr/local using ~/d

Just ignore it.