dsss manual

Morusaka morusaka at inwind.it
Sun Nov 23 13:29:02 PST 2008

Jesse Phillips Wrote:

> You need to give dsss a place to install your program.
>
> $ dsss --prefix=<prefix> build
>
> I would suggest installing dsss to the system, do this from within the
> where you have dsss. Then you won't have to include prefix every time
> (though doing the above may only need to be done once)
>
> # ./dsss --prefix=/usr/local install
>
> Also when you do builds without root privilege you will get a message:
>
> Can't write to /usr/local using ~/d
>
> Just ignore it.

Thank you Jesse for your reply.

I'm sorry, I followed your instructions, but I didn't manage to make it work properly.

None of these worked:

$ dsss --prefix=<prefix> build
Unrecognized argument: --prefix=-/build
(where ./build is, if I'm not wrong, the place where I want to install my program)

neither

$ dsss build --prefix=./build
Failed to determine DSSS' installed prefix.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,

Luca.