dsss manual

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 17:37:53 PST 2008

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:34:13 -0500, Morusaka wrote:

> Morusaka Wrote:
>> this is what I did:
>>
>> $ mkdir ws
>> $ cd ws
>> $ wget
>> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/downloads/0.78/dsss-0.78-x86-
gnuWlinux.tar.bz2
>> $ tar xvvf tar xvvf dsss-0.78-x86-gnuWlinux.tar.bz2 $ export
>> PATH="~/ws/dsss-0.78-x86-gnuWlinux/bin:$PATH"
>
> AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
>
> what I miss was:
>
> $ mv dsss-0.78-x86-gnuWlinux dsss
>
> now it works.
>
> Thank you everybody!!
>
> P.S.: now it works, but even with the simpliest helloworld I got a
> strange ld error, damn!!!

Just to make sure this is a DSSS issue, it does compile with dmd correct?
The ld error would be helpful. It could be that $LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't
know where dsss/lib is.

Sorry it didn't help, I've never installed by changing the PATH. And your
solution seems a little odd. As Jarrett said, DSSS couldn't find it's
location and this I figured would be set up during the initial install.