switch off GC?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Feb 4 01:08:31 PST 2009

Weed, some built-ins and significant part of the standard lib (and other libs you can find around) assume the presence of a GC.
So you can disable (or often just not use it. If you don't allocate/free GC-managed memory then the GC sleeps) in some critical spots of your code as I do (and you can also just use memory from the C heap), but if you really want to remove it, you may want to consider using C++ instead.

I'd like too to have something like a -nogc compiler flag to not include the GC at all in small programs that don't use the GC (or use it only to allocate memory and not to free it).

Bye,
bearophile