switch off GC?

Heinz malagana15 at yahoo.es
Sun Feb 8 13:40:51 PST 2009

Tim M Wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:38:45 +1300, Weed <resume755 at mail.ru> wrote:
>
> > It is possible to disable GC?
> >
> > That it has not been included in result binary for an increasing
> > performance of ref operations and reduction of the size of the binary
> >
> > I have not found the answer in google.
>

> To anyone here that disables there GC: Whats you reason for doing this?
> (Note: I don't want to know possible requirements but just your reason
> just out of interest)

Just for interest in some optimization:
I disable it (but replace it) in DLL's, i mean, there's no need to have 2 GC running at a time (one for the exe and one for the DLL), so i disable the one in the dll and then replace it with the same from the exe. I link my dll with gcstub.obj to use a dummy gc so file size is smaller.
So after all...i never disable gc.

GC is a good feature, i always use it in executables but when i do a gc full collect under heavy load programs (great amount of mb of ram) the thing gets quiet slow.