Creating a dynamic link library

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Mon Jun 8 02:15:37 PDT 2009

Fractal wrote:
> Hello
>
> Using Windows, I created a DLL with D, and when I try to create my  test executable (also with D), the ImpLib program displays an error saying that there is no any exported function. The DLL source only contains a class with the export attribute like:
>
> export class Foo
> {
> }
>
> And also... the GC can be implemented in the DLL and not in the executable?
>
> Thanks

I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but I know enough to say...
DON'T DO IT! There's a huge wealth of issues that come from using DLLs
and D, you'd be far better off using DDL (
http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddl ). Sorry I can't give a real reason
for this, I'm not a windows user so couldn't care less about DLL's not
working properly :P