Creating a dynamic link library

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 02:15:57 PDT 2009

Fractal wrote:
> Hello
>
> Using Windows, I created a DLL with D, and when I try to create my  test executable (also with D), the ImpLib program displays an error saying that there is no any exported function. The DLL source only contains a class with the export attribute like:
>
> export class Foo
> {
> }
>
> And also... the GC can be implemented in the DLL and not in the executable?
>
> Thanks

DLLs + D basically don't work (they work 100% if either only the host or
only the extension is written in D, and then only for free functions
with extern(C) linkage). For D-D shared libraries on Windows (which also
work on Linux), I'd recommend checking out DDL:

Documentation/homepage: http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddl
Working code (fork): http://team0xf.com:8080/ext/file/94be291e4d32/ddl/