How many people / projects are using Tango now?

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 06:57:34 PDT 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:50:23 +0000, Spacen Jasset wrote:

> How many people / projects are using Tango at this time?
>
> I am considering switching over to tango instead of phobos due to
> missing features, but mainly I think because of bugs that don't seem to
> get fixed.
>
> I had a look round for a "poll" on my question but couldn't really see
> one. It seems to me that most people are using tango now though, for any
> amount of 'serious' work.

I use Tango, and have used it to develop utilities for my company.  I
tried using Phobos for about a week, but found the lack of support for
socket and process I/O didn't fit my needs.  I'm sure it's improved since
then (about 2 years ago), but it would be impossible for me to switch
back now :)

I contribute regularly to Tango, and I enjoy that aspect of it.  I also
find the developers more accessible and focused on practical matters
versus not-yet-proven radical language features.  I'm not saying this in
a negative way -- I think the steps Walter and Andrei are taking towards
making D2 suitable for future needs are worth while -- but when one has
to get work done, one needs to use something that works now :)

-Steve