How to reduce compile times?

Brian digitalmars at brianguertin.com
Sat Mar 21 13:34:24 PDT 2009

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:44:41 +0100, grauzone wrote:

> I'm using dsss (with dmd under Linux) to compile my project, and
> build/compile times are reaching unacceptable highs.

out of curiosity, how much code do you actually have? im using D for
something with ~12,000 lines of code right now, spread among 40 files or
so, with a somewhat excessive use of CTFE and templates all over. a full
rebuild takes about 5 seconds with incremental builds taking 1 or 2
seconds in most cases.

i just wanted to know what "excessively high" means

P.S. using dmd 1.036, rebuild 0.78, phobos, linux