Need direction guide

Sam Hu samhudotsamhu at gmail.com
Mon May 4 02:52:31 PDT 2009

Hi Denis,

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

> > 1.Whether D1 is useful to do something,or it is quite worth to wait for
> > the stable or "finalized" verison of D2?If yes,what can one do using
> > D1,I mean not just a toy,a test product,rather an serious tool?
>
> It is very funny that you write that. D1 is a stable language and there is a lot of code written using it.
> There is absolutely nothing that can be written in C++ and can't be in D (unless you are writing for a memory-limited embedded device).
> In fact, D is a lot more powerful than C++ already, and it allows to you complete the same task faster and with less code.

I do know many projects there written by D1,but how come D1 seems to ppl  just a  pass-by,please correct me if I am wrong.

> > I am lost although I like D so much than C++.I would like to spend as
> > much time as learning C++ and want to gain as much as gain C++ can offer
> > me. Any constructive suggestions or guideline would be much appreicated.
> >

> I'd suggest you to write more code, experience and knowledge comes with practice. Pick a project and start writing code. Whenever you find a difficulty, ask in newsgroups or in IRC (you usually get instant help there). I'd also recommend you to find some people that use/learn D and speak your language. For example, if you speak Chinese, d-programming-language-china.org is a great resource for you. I believe there are a lot of people that would be glad to help.

 Yes,you are right, I am a member of d-programming-language-china.org.Actually there is another one D forum which I think is more open,serious,intuitive and productive:
http://dlang.group.javaeye.com/
and I has tried to translate several Phobos lib into Chinese just as the others did.
But to be honest,almost all D members in the forum are a bit  lost for the going of D1 vs D2.We felt that D1 is workable but less less power than D2 or C++( almost not worth to use),D2 is what we expected and what we want but it seems we can never get it to work.

Thanks again.
Sam