Need direction guide

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Mon May 4 06:27:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:52 AM, Sam Hu <samhudotsamhu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do know many projects there written by D1,but how come D1 seems to ppl  just a  pass-by,please correct me if I am wrong.

Where do you get that impression?  Most code that has been written in
D has been written in D1.  Most D libraries are D1-only or at least
D1-compatible.  There is a very small number of D2 projects, and given
how much D2 and Phobos 2 are changing, I doubt that they're terribly
stable.

If you get the impression that since most of the discussions are about
D2 then D1 is dead, well, no.  It's just that D1 doesn't (and can't)
change anymore, so there's no point discussing it.