looking for an IDE

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:56:56 PDT 2009

A Bothe wrote:
> Jeremie Pelletier Wrote:
>> I just tried it (1.0.3.2) and it's still buggy: when I added files to
>> the project manager it also added as many directories, the manager
>> wouldn't let me scroll down either, and I've had some unhandled
>> exceptions while opening my project after a restart.
>>
>> But it looks good, keep working on it, I'm definitely gonna keep an eye
>> out for this IDE!
>>
>> Jeremie
>
> At first I want to thank you for your response!
>

> I can't understand your error descriptions -
> You created a project, then created a new file within that project, saved everything via Ctrl+S  -  and then there is an exception thrown after restart?
> Could you give me a screenshot or the exception message, please? That would help a lot...

I created a project, then added only existing files, I didn't create any
from within the IDE. That didn't work well with the project manager
since I ended up with one folder per file in the treeview. I then closed
the IDE and reopened the project to get this:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.
    at D_Parser.DParser.ParseTypeIdent(Boolean identifierOnly, Boolean&
hasClampMod)
    at D_Parser.DParser.ParseTypeIdent()
    at D_Parser.DParser.ParseExpression()
    at D_Parser.DParser.ParseBlock(DataType& ret, Boolean isFunctionBody)
    at D_Parser.DParser.Parse(String moduleName, List`1& imports)
    at D_Parser.DParser.ParseFile(String moduleName, String fn, List`1&
imports)
    at D_IDE.DModule.Parse(String file)
    at D_IDE.DProject.ParseAll()
    at D_IDE.Form1.Open(String file, DProject owner)
    at D_IDE.Form1.OpenFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key,
EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Also I believe clicking the "Open Selected" button on the start page
when there are no last opened projects result in a crash too. The status
bar initializes to "line 999999" along with "parsing invariant".

By the way is that IDE opensource?