looking for an IDE

Phil Deets pjdeets2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:01:48 PDT 2009

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:05:37 -0500, A Bothe <info at alexanderbothe.com>
wrote:

> Hi, I think I've got what you want...
>
> http://www.alexanderbothe.com/?id=27 - the D-IDE

I tried that. It has potential, but here is a list of problems I had:

* Unpinned panels don't collapse until you unpin a second panel.
* When I right-clicked a project and click add folder, I got an unhandled
exception message:

System.InvalidOperationException: BeginEdit did not succeed because
LabelEdit property is false.
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.BeginEdit()
    at
D_IDE.ProjectExplorer.createNewDirectoryToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object
sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs
e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e,
ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e,
ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message&
m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

* After trying repeatedly to get a context menu on this new folder that
didn't properly get added, it would not come up. Then suddenly, the folder
disappeared and another file mysteriously opened.
* After adding a folder again and getting the same error, then repeatedly
right clicking on the folder again, and right clicking on other items in
Project Files, I got a message box that asked if I really wanted to create
a new project. This was very strange as I didn't left click anywhere to
make this happen. I was just right-clicking stuff outside of context menus.

After this, I quit out of fear the program was corrupted in memory and it
might go wacky and mess up my files.