Newsgroups, off-topic

Joseph Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Apr 18 03:29:56 PDT 2010

Moritz Warning wrote:
> I think many people behind these compilers lack the personal motivation
> to integrate the D2 front end.
> That may change, but it may take time.

Maybe true, but I was thinking of it from a different angle -- why the
main D2 development does not switch backends.  To be fair, the work
involved would surely detract from the main development effort on the
language and features.  I can also see the desire to have a backend that
is fully under the control of the main developers.

> - not everybody likes the road the D2 design takes

What are the concerns here ... ?  I don't currently have a strong enough
sense of the differences.

> anyway, gdc has D2 support already (but not up to date/DMD), see http://
> bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/overview

I've been following that D2 work for a while now, and am looking forward
to where it is going ... :-)

Best wishes,

    -- Joe