dmd: Module X conflicts with itself (Was: Re: RDMD on Windows)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Aug 21 14:59:01 PDT 2010

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:i4pgdp$1ba3$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Thanks for all the help, Nick. But I don't see your attachment. I can't
> see it with the web-news reader, and on gmane there's garbled text at the
> end, something like "begin 666 rdmdAlt.d M+R\@5W)I='1E;B!I;B!T:&41"!.."
>
> Do you have a link to the file instead? That would be great.
>
> And yes, I was already using the latest svn version which I've built (but
> it's dated 8 months ago, it's not very fresh?). The command was "rdmd
> main.d". And I was building from the same directory as the main.d file.

Weird, maybe it's my NG client. You can get it here:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/semitwist/browser/trunk/rdmdAlt.d

However, I don't think it's an rdmd issue at all, because this gives me
almost the exact same error (DMD 2.048 here):

> dmd main.d widget.d acme\goodies\io.d
widget.d(1): Error: module io from file acme\goodies\io.d conflicts with
another module io from file acme\goodies\io.d

...I know I've come cross that somewhere before, either in my own code, or
on bugzilla, or the NG, or something...can't remember though...