Is libdruntime deprecated in 2.051?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Dec 26 14:10:14 PST 2010

On Friday 24 December 2010 22:49:37 Heywood Floyd wrote:
> Quick 2.051 D for Xcode fix:
>
> Open
>    /Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/
> And do Show contents on the 'D for Xcode.xcplugin"-bundle and then open
>    ./Contents/Resources/dmd2.pblinkspec
> and change the line
>    CommandLineArgs = { NO = (); "<<otherwise>>" =
> ("/usr/local/lib/libphobos2.a", "/usr/local/lib/libdruntime.a"); }; to
>    CommandLineArgs = { NO = (); "<<otherwise>>" =
> ("/usr/local/lib/libphobos2.a"); }; and restart Xcode.
>
> (Sorry for the boring post. Just documenting for future reference.)
>
> BR
> /HF
>
> Heywood Floyd Wrote:
> > Build fails after upgrade to 2.051 with gcc saying
> >
> >   /usr/local/lib/libdruntime.a: No such file or directory
> >
> > And indeed, the file is gone!
> >
> > This is XCode with D for XCode plugin, so it assumes stuff about the
> > build tools. Using dmd from the command line works, and running it with
> > '-v' it seems it only links in phobos2? (and some other minor libs..) I
> > can't find libdruntime in the Linux-folder either, although the
> > README-file there lists it?
> >
> > Is libdruntime no more?
> >
> > (And if that's the case, does anyone know how to fix this is in the D for
> > XCode plugin?)

I believe that libdruntime.a has been gone for at least a couple of releases
now. I think that its contents have just been subsumed into libphobos.a. The two
libraries are compiled separately, and you could use libdruntime separately if
you had the .a file for it, but it looks like it was decided to simplify things
and just have libphobos.a include the druntime stuff in the normal case, since
you're almost always going to need both anyway.

- Jonathan M Davis