Using C function in Tango - Simple solution?

Fabian Classen classen.fabian at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:46:15 PST 2010

Hi
I am new in D.
I've the following problem. I want to use a old function out of the C
programming language. I'm using D, with the dmd compiler, and the Tango
lib. My "dirty" solution is the following:

<code>
version (Tango) extern (C) int getchar();

void main() {
	char quit = '\0';
	while (quit != 'q') {
		quit = getchar;
</code>

But I believe the first line is too inconvenient.
Are there any better solutions to use C functions with the Tango lib.

I'm looking forward to your answers and I would be very happy with a few
code exampes.

Greetings from Germany
Fabian Classen