Equivalent of scanf

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 19:46:41 PDT 2010

On Saturday 17 July 2010 16:35:11 torhu wrote:
> On 18.07.2010 01:21, Michael Koehmstedt wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > So there is no scanf equivalent, but there is also nothing similar to C++
> > cin with the<<  operator?
>
> Equivalents of those are available in std.stream and std.cstream, but
> those modules will probably go away in a while.

We'll be getting new streams which are range based which may or may not use the
name std.stream, but the current implementation is certainly going away. Like a
number in things in Phobos right now, it's being updated and replaced with
something better. Phobos is evolving for the better, and it's great to see that
it's finally starting to come together.

- Jonathan M Davis