pu$�le

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 22:26:10 PDT 2010

On Saturday 17 July 2010 22:10:07 strtr wrote:
> == Quote from Jonathan M Davis (jmdavisprog at gmail.com)'s article
>
> > On Saturday 17 July 2010 18:59:18 strtr wrote:
> > > That is [dollar sign, euro sign]
> > >
> > > The reason I post it is because I expected the stash to be 3 lower.
> >
> > Well, if I replace writef with write, I get
> > I made $€8.
> > If I leave in the writef though, I get this error:
> > /home/jmdavis/Downloaded_Files/dmd/dmd2/linux/bin/../../src/phobos/std/st
> > di o.d(623):
> > Error: static assert  "You must pass a formatting string as the first
> > argum ent to
> > writef or writefln. If no formatting is needed, you may want to use write
> > o r
> > writeln."
> > /home/jmdavis/Downloaded_Files/dmd/dmd2/linux/bin/../../src/phobos/std/st
> > di o.d(1442):
> > instantiated from here: writef!(const(char))
> > t.d(18):        instantiated from here: writef!(const(char))
> > I'm not quite sure why you're using writef here since writef requires a
> > str ing
> > as its first argument, and you're passing it something other than a
> > string as the
> > first argument.
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> Or you have an awesome D emulator in your brain, or you cheated by actually
> running the code ;P

Cheated? I thought that you were trying to figure out why the code wasn't doing
what you expected it to be doing. So, of course I ran it.

Though, it's more likely that I have an x86 emulator in my brain which can run
dmd than that I have a D emulator in my brain if I figured this out in my head,
since I gave you the exact error message that dmd does.

- Jonathan M Davis