pu$�le

strtr strtr at sp.am
Sat Jul 17 23:01:28 PDT 2010

== Quote from Jonathan M Davis (jmdavisprog at gmail.com)'s article
> On Saturday 17 July 2010 22:10:07 strtr wrote:
> > == Quote from Jonathan M Davis (jmdavisprog at gmail.com)'s article

> > > Well, if I replace writef with write, I get
> > > I made $€8.
> > > If I leave in the writef though, I get this error:
> > > /home/jmdavis/Downloaded_Files/dmd/dmd2/linux/bin/../../src/phobos/std/
> st
> > > di o.d(623):
> > > Error: static assert  "You must pass a formatting string as the first
> > > argum ent to
> > > writef or writefln. If no formatting is needed, you may want to use wri
> te
> > > o r
> > > writeln."
> > > /home/jmdavis/Downloaded_Files/dmd/dmd2/linux/bin/../../src/phobos/std/
> st
> > > di o.d(1442):
> > > instantiated from here: writef!(const(char))
> > > t.d(18):        instantiated from here: writef!(const(char))
> > > I'm not quite sure why you're using writef here since writef requires a
> > > str ing
> > > as its first argument, and you're passing it something other than a
> > > string as the
> > > first argument.
> > > - Jonathan M Davis
> >
> > Or you have an awesome D emulator in your brain, or you cheated by actual
> ly
> > running the code ;P
> Cheated? I thought that you were trying to figure out why the code wasn't d
> oing
> what you expected it to be doing. So, of course I ran it.
> Though, it's more likely that I have an x86 emulator in my brain which can
> run
> dmd than that I have a D emulator in my brain if I figured this out in my h
> ead,
> since I gave you the exact error message that dmd does.
> - Jonathan M Davis

I don't find it more likely that you have a x86 emulator in your brain which then
ran dmd to compile some code.
I might even think that almost impossible ;P
If you knew the compiler well enough you might be capable of giving that error
message with only the extra knowledge of where your files recite and version and
OS infos.