pu$�le

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 00:20:56 PDT 2010

On Saturday 17 July 2010 23:01:28 strtr wrote:

> > Cheated? I thought that you were trying to figure out why the code wasn't
> > d oing
> > what you expected it to be doing. So, of course I ran it.
> > Though, it's more likely that I have an x86 emulator in my brain which
> > can run
> > dmd than that I have a D emulator in my brain if I figured this out in my
> > h ead,
> > since I gave you the exact error message that dmd does.
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> I don't find it more likely that you have a x86 emulator in your brain
> which then ran dmd to compile some code.
> I might even think that almost impossible ;P
> If you knew the compiler well enough you might be capable of giving that
> error message with only the extra knowledge of where your files recite and
> version and OS infos.

Well, since both are pretty much impossible, I think that it's a moot point. I
can believe that someone would know the compiler well enough to know what it was
going to do in most situations and that they would have some idea as to what the
error message would be, but if you want them to be at all precise, that just
takes too much detail for anyone to remember. If they could do that, they'd be
an insanely good programmer.

- Jonathan M Davis