Map and arrays

Tom tom at nospam.com
Sun Nov 28 21:49:19 PST 2010

El 29/11/2010 01:58, Jonathan M Davis escribió:
> On Sunday 28 November 2010 19:53:36 Tom wrote:
>> I'm not criticizing ddoc color or fonts. I mean, for example, in the
>> index of symbols at the beginning of every ddoc page, there are
>> functions, constants, classes, and templates, all mixed and each next to
>> the other. It doesn't even have an alphabetic ordering. It was difficult
>> to me at first sight to understand where to look for things. Maybe it's
>> not that important as bugfixes, but when new programmers get close to D2
>> (even old D1 fans, like myself), I'm afraid that more than one could
>> feel some frustration.
>
> Oh, I agree, as do many others. But someone has to come up with a better way of
> doing it and be motivated enough to figure out what has to be done with regards
> to macros and css and whatever else about generating the html files needs to be
> tweaked. Some folks have done work on it, but no one has presented a better
> solution yet. And the main devs for dmd, druntime, and Phobos are generally
> working on code fixes rather than documentation fixes. I'm sure that it'll be
> improved eventually, but someone has to want to do it, get it done, and get the
> main devs to approve it. That hasn't happened yet.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I wish I had time to give it a try :(
Maybe in a not so remote future...

I really appreciate the effort Walter and Andrei (and others) are doing
to lift up the language, though.

Changing the subject (more or less), when I was having this little Map
annoyance I wondered myself, does D2 have a collection library (mainly
supporting Set<T> etc.)?

Thanks,
Tom;