Input handling? (newbie alert!)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 11:56:30 PDT 2010

On Saturday 11 September 2010 08:51:11 bearophile wrote:
> Jonathan M Davis:
> > You mean computer science? That's the English term - in the US at least.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informatics_%28academic_field%29
> Most of "Computer Science" is not about computers, and most of it is not a
> science. It's more a cross between mathematics and engineering.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I'm not necessarily saying that computer science is the best term for the field
in question. It is, however, the official term. And I would hazard a guess that a
large portion of programmers in the US won't even know what you mean if you use
the term informatics. Most of them will likely think about bioinformatics, since
the term is used. So, if you're looking to be clearly understood, computer
science is the term to use.

- Jonathan M Davis