Input handling? (newbie alert!)

Cavalary cavalary1684 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 11 13:54:19 PDT 2010

Hm, to me "informatics" made sense :) Not sure if I ever heard it
used in English, but it sounds more suitable than "computer
science", which (no matter how it's officially used) sounds like
it would include everything that deals with computers, so hardware
as well.

As for what Jesse said, yeah, know that D is a stricter language,
and in many ways it makes sense, but sometimes you sure get to
wish for some more wiggle room. (Oh yeah, figured out what cast
did from a compiler error.)

Right now just managed to fully port into D my "toy" Ruby script
(which generates 2 randomized characters, which you get to name,
and has them duel it out in text, including a tiny AI moment
because each starts with a potion which they use when appropriate).
2 days ago I was staring at that code and didn't even know where
to begin porting it. I'm sure it's a really ugly job, but hey, it
runs! (The only difference being that Ruby round = D lround, but
that's apparently not implemented yet in D2.) So let's see what's
next.
And thanks again. Haven't seen readln() used in any of the
examples I glanced over, so would have had no idea about it
otherwise...