Am I doing this right? (File byChunk)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisprog at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 20:05:50 PDT 2010

On Sunday 12 September 2010 19:56:28 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> I prefer 24-hour timestamps, but I've no idea where to set this in
> Gmail. And I'm not using a special newsgroup reader because they're
> all clumsy in their own little ways.

I'm using a gmail account, but I'm using kmail to manage my mail. So, the
timestamps and whatnot are going to depend on my system settings. I like knode
(KDE's newsgroup reader) overall, but I stopped using it because I had no way of
syncing between machines without copying all of knode's files over every time,
which is not pleasant. Using gmail/kmail with IMAP allows for keeping things in
sync. Unfortunately, since gmail never sends you messages from the list that you
sent to it, it doesn't really work properly to send messages which reply to your
own messages, and kmail threads replies to my messages poorly (usually
associating them with the message that I responded to). So, I'd prefer to use
knode, but the lack of syncing was too painful. I suppose that it would work
better if I used a non-gmail account though. I wouldn't know what to use though,
since I'd want free IMAP support. And another provider would use proper folders
rather than the annoying labels which mail programs like kmail don't deal with
quite properly. So maybe I should think of finding a better e-mail provider than
gmail...

- Jonathan M Davis