datetime fails with undefined reference

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Feb 18 11:51:57 PST 2011

On Friday, February 18, 2011 11:43:22 Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 10:23:41 -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > On Friday, February 18, 2011 10:12:09 Kai Meyer wrote:
> >> Great news! Worked like a champ. Is there documentation somewhere that
> >> I missed? I would love to be able to answer these questions on my own.
> >> I've been stumped on this one for a week :(
> >
> > That should be in the dmd.conf in dmd.2.052.zip. If you're using an old
> > dmd.conf, that would be the problem. Actually, I wouldn't have expected
> > and old dmd.conf to work at all, since the directory structure for the
> > lib folder(s) was changed due to the addition of 64-bit. So, I don't
> > know what the deal with your setup is. Regardless, make sure that your
> > current dmd.conf is either the most up-to-date on or at least based on
> > it. Otherwise, you're going to be running into issues.
>
> Well, he could be using a setup similar to me.  I don't use dmd.conf at
> all.  Instead I set the DFLAGS environment variable in the startup script
> of my shell.  I think the new dependency should be noted in the changelog.

Probably, but I think that Andrei or Walter would have to be the one to do that.
But dmd.conf has changed a fair bit with this release, and anyone who doesn't
use dmd.conf (I have no idea why you wouldn't - it seems like you're just making
life harder on yourself) is going to run into trouble.

However, in general, I don't think that dmd.conf changes have made it into the
changelog, so that's nothing new. Walter probably assumes that you're going to
use the provided dmd.conf and doesn't think about it.

- Jonathan M Davis