datetime fails with undefined reference

Kai Meyer kai at fiber.net
Fri Feb 18 12:29:40 PST 2011

== Quote from Jonathan M Davis (jmdavisProg at gmx.com)'s article
> On Friday, February 18, 2011 10:12:09 Kai Meyer wrote:
> > Great news! Worked like a champ. Is there documentation somewhere that I
> > missed? I would love to be able to answer these questions on my own. I've
> > been stumped on this one for a week :(
> That should be in the dmd.conf in dmd.2.052.zip. If you're using an old
> dmd.conf, that would be the problem. Actually, I wouldn't have expected and old
> dmd.conf to work at all, since the directory structure for the lib folder(s) was
> changed due to the addition of 64-bit. So, I don't know what the deal with your
> setup is. Regardless, make sure that your current dmd.conf is either the most
> up-to-date on or at least based on it. Otherwise, you're going to be running
> into issues.
> - Jonathan M Davis

Ok, my dmd.conf that came with the download does not have it in there. The package
doesn't claim ownership to /etc/dmd.conf. I removed the rpm package, deleted the
old dmd.conf, and installed the rpm again, but the dmd.conf that was generated is
exactly the same:
[kai at worky ~]$ cat /etc/dmd.conf

[Environment]

DFLAGS= -I/usr/include/d/dmd/phobos -I/usr/include/d/dmd/druntime/import -L-L/usr/lib

Should I just simply add "-L-lrt" to the dmd.conf for now? Or just put it in my
make file?

Why does the rpm not claim ownership of the config file?:
[kai at worky ~]$ rpm -qf /etc/dmd.conf
file /etc/dmd.conf is not owned by any package
[kai at worky ~]$ rpm -ql dmd | grep dmd.conf
/usr/share/man/man5/dmd.conf.5.gz

Thanks for the fast replies!