std.date / std.datetime

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Tue Jan 18 09:18:33 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 08:34 -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
[ . . . ]
> I don't know. The last release was about a month ago, and the one before that
> was about a month and a half before that. I'm not aware of there being any hard
> and fast rules or plan about when releases are done. However, they tend to be a
> month or two apart.
[ . . . ]
> The latest code can be found here: http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos
>
> However, you're going to have to have the latest druntime as well:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/druntime

Might it be worth putting in some infrastructure whereby people can use
a distributed DMD or GDC but have a current snapshot or perhaps latest
build of Phobos (where there is consistency between DMD/GDC on the one
hand and Phobos on the other).  This is actually one thing Go does
supremely well, you can pull the Mercurial snapshot and build the entire
system within about 5 minutes.  It makes it very easy to test new
stuff.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk