Running DMD tests

Trass3r un at known.com
Tue Jul 12 10:48:11 PDT 2011

Am 13.06.2011, 23:55 Uhr, schrieb Peter Alexander
<peter.alexander.au at gmail.com>:

> I'm trying to run the test suite for DMD, but I'm running into issues.
> Do I need to set up my environment differently to run dmd in
> development? How can I get around this?

To quote IRC:

In theory it's simple: go to dmd/test and run make.
In practice you need to have druntime and phobos installed at the right
places.
I think if you clone dmd, druntime, and phobos and put them all in the
same directory, then you build dmd, druntime, and phobos, then you should
be able to run the test suite.

you also need to have a dmd.conf that's not included with the suite :<

Ah, yeah, true. And since I remember I made my dmd.conf point to those
places, maybe you don't need to have druntime and phobos there after all.
But it's still a good idea to be able to get non-release druntime (and to
some extent phobos) when playing with non-release versions of DMD.