Calling D from C++

Loopback elliott.darfink at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 12:45:56 PDT 2011

Hello!

As of my understanding you can write usable c libraries in D by using
extern(C). The problem is that I haven't found any other threads asking
the same question about C++ (since extern for c++ exists as well). So
I have two questions, is it possible to write a dll in D usable in c++
code, and if the answer is yes, are there any restrictions?

Am I forced to use explicit memory handling, or can this be handled by
the garbage collection internally by the dll etc?