Need OMF MySQL lib that actually f^*&^ works...

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:30:41 PDT 2011

On 22.07.2011 23:06, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Robert Clipsham"<robert at octarineparrot.com>  wrote in message
> news:j0ce0t$2rte$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On 22/07/2011 07:20, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> Anyone have a known-working Windows OMF library for MySQL? Static or
>>> dynamic, I don't care. I've tried fucking everything and I can't get the
>>> dang thing to work. Static was a total no-go. With dynamic, using implib
>>> got it to link, but calling any of it resulted in an Access Violation.
>>> Using
>>> coffimplib, best I could do had one linker error, a missing
>>> "_mysql_real_connect". This was all with "Connector/C" v6.0.2. I'd have
>>> tried an older version, 5.x, but 6.0.2 is the only version that seems to
>>> still exist.
>> I have no experience with D on windows, have you tried using unilink
>> though? I seem to recall that can link COFF and OMF together?
>>
> Sort of...I'm having a hell of a time figuring unilink out. No matter what I
> do it keeps giving me:
>
> UniLink v1.07 [beta] (build 3.17)
> Invalid config file

Uhm, let me try to sort this out for you, the thing is that unilink uses
a config in it's home directory called ulink.cfg (a-la dmd btw) for all
of it's linking.  It contains default libraries, paths, flags, etc.

Problem is by default it has *wrong* config that blows up at start so
that people won't forget to configure things before getting hard to
trace problems (e.g. certain cases of linking very different RTLs into
unpredicatble mess).

Here is the config I use, it should get you going (things after ; are
commented out):

# Change and uncoment any of next strings if needed

-r -O    # remap import names, bind image

; -Gw    # D6/BCB6 dfm-style

; -Ge    # disable library exports

; -w-cmt # disable compatibility messages

; -o -Gh # Import by ordinal, strip unused PE headers

-LC:\DMD2\Windows\LIB
-zkernel32;advapi32;user32;wsock32;shell32;snn;phobos
-Go

--
Dmitry Olshansky