Need OMF MySQL lib that actually f^*&^ works...

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Jul 22 12:44:56 PDT 2011

"Dmitry Olshansky" <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:j0cj58$5i5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 22.07.2011 23:06, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Robert Clipsham"<robert at octarineparrot.com>  wrote in message
>> news:j0ce0t$2rte$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>> I have no experience with D on windows, have you tried using unilink
>>> though? I seem to recall that can link COFF and OMF together?
>>>
>> Sort of...I'm having a hell of a time figuring unilink out. No matter
>> what I
>> do it keeps giving me:
>>
>> UniLink v1.07 [beta] (build 3.17)
>> Invalid config file
>>

> Uhm, let me try to sort this out for you, the thing is that unilink uses a
> config in it's home directory called ulink.cfg (a-la dmd btw) for all of
> it's linking.  It contains default libraries, paths, flags, etc.
>
> Problem is by default it has *wrong* config that blows up at start so that
> people won't forget to configure things before getting hard to trace
> problems (e.g. certain cases of linking very different RTLs into
> unpredicatble mess).
>
> Here is the config I use, it should get you going (things after ; are
> commented out):
>
> # Change and uncoment any of next strings if needed
>
> -r -O    # remap import names, bind image
>
> ; -Gw    # D6/BCB6 dfm-style
>
> ; -Ge    # disable library exports
>
> ; -w-cmt # disable compatibility messages
>
> ; -o -Gh # Import by ordinal, strip unused PE headers
>
> -LC:\DMD2\Windows\LIB
> -zkernel32;advapi32;user32;wsock32;shell32;snn;phobos
> -Go

Hmm, I had just replaced the default ulink.cfg with the content of ulink.dm
(and adusted the path for -L), so I was missing -r and -O...But it looks
like the main problem is that I'd been working on it for too long and too
damn late at night, so I forgot to surround -L{path with spaces} in double
quotes. I'm getting Unilinks's Syntax screen now...We'll see how it goes
from here...