Assertion failure: '!vthis->csym' on line 703 in file 'glue.c'

nrgyzer nrgyzer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:50:48 PDT 2011

== Auszug aus bearophile (bearophileHUGS at lycos.com)'s Artikel
> nrgyzer:
> > In my tests, that code above doesn't produces the assertion
failure,
> > but my original source code looks very similar.
> You may have to start over then. I suggest to duplicate the whole
code, and then start on the copied version removing modules and lines
of code, compiling it every time you remove something, making sure
you keep seeing the error message every time, and undoing the change
when you see the error vanish or change.
> Bye,
> bearophile

That's a bit mysterious... I replaced firstModule with the source
which produces the error. Now... when I run my test application, I
get the same failure - but... that's not all - when I restore
firstModule to the version which didn't produce the failure, I just
get the same error. When I copy the source files to a new location
and compile it, I didn't get the error.
It seems that there is anything like a cache, but I removed all
produced (obj, rsp...) files, expect the exe- and d-files. Thus I
think there should be something like a cache.
I currently haven't any idea what I can do to reproduce the failure
efficently.