Linux: How to statically link against system libs?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:01:54 PDT 2011

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Do we know what that switch is for?
 --no-warn-search-mismatch
   Normally ld will give a warning if it finds an incompatible library
   during a library search.  This option silences the warning.

In the DMD changelog, there was a note about making the linker
a little less noisy. I assume that's the reasoning behind the change.

> Actually I just realized it was Gnome.

Gnome sucks too!

(I actually run a mostly custom linux gui. Customly hacked up
window manager, custom theme, custom taskbar, hacked up terminals,
hacked up IM client.... my own linux install is one of the very
few on the planet that doesn't suck ass. It still sucks, mind you,
just not ass anymore.)

> XP seems to work fine for me in VirtualBox

Yeah, it's not bad on my comp either, but I always find some
annoying lag as menus pop up and things like that.

Other benefits of remote desktop though are easier sound and
file/clipboard sharing without installing anything in the guest.

Whatever floats your boat, but after I tried out the remote
desktop strategy I was very pleased.