Linux: How to statically link against system libs?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon May 9 20:48:19 PDT 2011

"Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:iqa7bi$1djh$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> 2. Remove "-L--no-warn-search-mismatch"
>
> Note for readers: this is in dmd.conf and is a relatively new thing.
> My dmd 2.051 and older installs always worked, but with the 2.053
> beta I just played with, had to make this change as well as
> recompile dmd for stupid centos to work with it.

Do we know what that switch is for? Just curious.

>>  CentOS 4.2 (or maybe it's just KDE) runs so slow in a VM
>
> KDE sucks. The best thing to do is probably to not bother with a
> gui in the vm at all as well as to not use the virtual machine
> screen - they are slow as sin.

Actually I just realized it was Gnome. (I don't know I could have mixed
those two up...)

> Instead, run sshd on the linux vm, make inbound networking work
> to port 22 (however you do that in virtual box) and then access
> it through PuTTY or something.
>
> That way, you bypass the slow ass VM graphics entirely.
>

> (similarly, if you virtualize Windows, Remote Desktop into the
> VM works a lot better than the vm's own graphics in my experience).

XP seems to work fine for me in VirtualBox (And my CPU doesn't even have
hardware virtualization support). But I may go ahead and try something like
you're suggesting.