How To Dynamic Web Rendering?

Alexander aldem+dmars at nk7.net
Sun May 15 03:55:42 PDT 2011

On 15.05.2011 01:25, Adam Ruppe wrote:

> #1: Wordpress /is/ horrible. One of the worst projects I have to deal with for work...

  It works, and does it well enough. There are many projects which look horrible in the code, but the fact is - they work.

  But, perhaps, you may suggest an ideal blog engine? Where everything is done right?

> #2: Even Wordpress doesn't mix code with output very often - it uses
> a template system too - the themes folder. Sure, PHP is it's template
> language, but it does separate the main code from the template code.

  That's where I see the mixture of language and templates. XML templates look horrible - but this is just a question of taste :)

  In some of my projects, I want to have code on pages, so I can transform and manipulate the data - because sometimes business logic fits perfectly into pages, not the application, especially when you don't have source for application and want to
change/extend something.

  If someone would ever make D to work exactly like PHP or ASP does (I mean - integration into templates) - then it would be perfect for me. Yes, may be "horrible" (to you or some others) - but I'll be more productive than with DOM-XML templates :)

/Alexander