web development in D

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sun May 22 12:38:19 PDT 2011

On 22/05/2011 13:09, Lutger Blijdestijn wrote:
> joe wrote:
>
>> I currently do most of my web development in PHP, with some work in Ruby
>> with RoR. Right now I'm starting to think about building my own stack for
>> web dev (I already use my own MVC framework and libs in PHP), but I'd
>> really like to move to something faster and more powerful. Java or ASP.NET
>> are two obvious choices, but I'm currently researching other alternatives
>> (like D).
>>
>> So first I was wondering if there has been any web development using D,
>> and if there are many (or any) libraries/frameworks/other resources
>> already available for this?
>
> As mentioned Adam D. Ruppe has nice libs for web development, he managed to
> make a living out of it too so he must be doing something right :)
>
> There is one other web framework for D2 called serenity, I'm not sure how
> far it is but you can check it out here:
>
> https://github.com/mrmonday/serenity
>
> Perhaps this is unnecessary to mention, but would you choose ASP.NET, I'd
> recommend against webforms and look into ASP.NET mvc. If haven't used the
> latter myself but I didn't like webforms too much and heard good things
> about the mvc framework.
>
> Good luck!

Thanks for mentioning it! :D I held off mentioning it due to its
immaturity in comparison to Adam's stuff, I'm gradually working on it.
The latest thing I've added is an ORM to remove about 100 lines of code
for simple stuff (still a work in progress). As a result I'm probably
going to be reworking the overall design (It started off being MVC, it's
not going to be now).

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/