CP command used in the phobos windows makefile

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Fri May 27 05:18:37 PDT 2011

On 27.05.2011 16:06, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Guys, where did you get the unix cp port from? I don't have it installed, so I can't use "make install -fwin32.mak". I've also tried using the one that comes with UnxTools from http://sourceforge.net/projects/unxutils/ , but that one fails with:

Personally I never tried "make install" for phobos. Once phobos tests go
green I just copy phobos.lib in src/phobos  to windows\lib directory and
rebuild my projects.
(since phobos.lib includes druntime I don't think there is anything else
you should do)

> cp.exe: cannot create regular file `\dmd2\windows\lib':
> No such file or directory
>
> Replacing cp with 'copy' doesn't work either, since copy uses a different syntax.
>
> I'm not seeing a CP binary in any of the DigitalMars tools.
Yup, overall win32 makefile seems horribly f**ed up.

--
Dmitry Olshansky