FastCGI binding or implementation?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Oct 17 11:11:34 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-17 16:01, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> I handle request on different threads. I do some pre-processing on
> scgi data and I fill a struct:
>
> request.get[]
> request.post[]
> request.cookie[]
> request.headers[string]
>
> then I call a virtual function (to override on subclasses) like:
>
> do(request, output);
>
> where user fill output struct in a way like:
>
> output.data ~= "<html><body><h1>hello world</h1></body></html>";
> output.status = 200
> output.cookies = bla bla
>
> and then if is method != "head" i send headers + data, else just
> "headers".
>
> btw 99% of usage is get, post, head.

Yes, but if you want to write a web site that is RESTful you need the
other HTTP methods as well, at least PUT and DELETE.

BTW, what about creating something like Rack but for D. Rack is a low
level interface in front of the web server which web frameworks can be
built on top.

http://rack.github.com/

--
/Jacob Carlborg