WinRT

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Sep 29 15:13:42 PDT 2011

"RenatoL" <renato at relhost.net> wrote in message
news:j62q4v$25tn$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Eh eh, it may be strange something good come out from MS... but i
> think this time we could look at this with interest.... this an
> object replacement for win32 and the OS exposes it in an "open"
> way... i believe this is good for D (and Delphi, Scala....)

I'm not sure it's so good for D. Some of the comments here...

http://www.winsupersite.com/blog/supersite-blog-39/windows8/winrt-replacing-win32-140605

...seem to suggest that HTML/JS/etc apps will have roughly the same speed as
native C++ apps. If that's true, then it can only mean that Win8 severely
gimps the performance of natively-compiled apps. It's not as if they've
found some magic technology to install a native-JS-executing CPU into your
computer.

Of course, this is all getting *very* speculative at this point.