parallel unzip in progress

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Wed Apr 4 00:39:54 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 4 April 2012 at 07:25:25 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
> Am 04.04.2012 08:31, schrieb Jay Norwood:
>> This particular loop is currently excluding restore of times on
>> directory entries, but I suppose I can restore the directory
>> times after all the files have been expanded into the directory
>> structure.
>
> great idea if its ok that the directory strucutre is in an
> inconsistent
> state on error - thats the main problem with parallel stuff -
> its faster if everything works ok - its hard to control the
> state if not

Yes, I was concerned about  race conditions using  recursive
mkdir in parallel, so have avoided that problem as a rule and
concentrated on things that have a better return.

Unfortunately, std.file.setTimes doesn't currently work for
folders, and I don't see an alternative in the library docs that
can be used to restore times for folders.   The setTimes call
throws an exception.  It could just be an oversight in the
implementation, since I don't see any comments in the docs that
restrict its use to regular files.